Shoal Creek firefighters responded at 4:13 a.m. Wednesday to a report of a structure fire on Hilton Road in southern Montgomery County.
According to firefighter Julie Leneave, the fire was an unoccupied old farm house owned by Robert Coleman of Panama. Leneave said the house had collapsed by the time firefighters arrived and they extinguished the blaze. The cause is believed to be electrical and the house is a total loss. Taylor Springs firefighters provided mutual aid.
No injuries were reported and fire department personnel were on the scene for about three hours.