CO Alarm Prompts Reminder From Chief

Greenville firefighters responded to a sounding carbon monoxide alarm at a residence on Ward Street early Wednesday afternoon. Upon arrival, crews found a high level of carbon monoxide in both the upper and lower levels of the home. Ameren was called to the scene and determined the source was a hot water heater. Greenville crews ventilated the home with fans and turned the scene over to Ameren. No one was injured.

Fire Chief Bill Johnston told WGEL the home had two CO detectors; one sounded, the other was not working. He reminds everyone to check your carbon monoxide detectors occasionally to make sure they are up to date and working properly.

Previous articleFarm Bureau Hosts Annual Crop Survey
Next articleDebra L. Hofer