The Greenville Fire Protection District was called into action twice Saturday.
The first call came in around 10:25 a.m. to a report of gas in a residence on Willard Street. A high concentration of gas was found in the apartment and the occupant was transferred to Greenville Regional Hospital by ambulance. The fire department vented the residence with fans and Ameren was called to check the residence.
The second call, for an RV on fire, was around 5:13 p.m. Upon arrival, crews found a heavy fire in the coach. Smithboro firefighters provided mutual aid with a tanker and manpower. Crews were on the scene for about an hour and fifteen minutes and no injuries were reported. Damage to the RV totaled $60,000.