Greenville Fire Protection District Responds To Baler Fire

Greenville Fire Protection district responded to the first farm vehicle fire of the harvest season Friday just after noon. A baler caught fire working in a field near Woburn Road. The baler was a total loss and the fire burned a small area of the field as well. An overheated bearing was the likely cause of the fire. Luckily it was not very windy on Friday and the fire didn’t spread to the rest of the field. Nobody was hurt by the baler fire.

SOURCEPhoto courtesy of the Greenville Fire Protection District
Previous articleWhitetails Unlimited Donate To IDNR
Next articleHomecoming Week At Greenville High School