Two False Alarms; One Car Fire At Greenville College

Greenville firefighters were paged to Greenville College numerous times Saturday evening. Crews responded to alarms at Kinney Hall on Durley Street just before 8:00 p.m. and again just before 9:00 p.m. Each alarm turned out to be caused by dry cooking and no danger was present.

Around 10:50 p.m., crews were called to the campus again, this time to a car fire on the parking lot near Snyder Hall on East Oak Street. The car was a total loss; damage was estimated at $2,500. Crews were on the scene for a little over a half hour.