Highland Pierron Firefighters Called To Chimney Fire

rex3

Highland-Pierron Firefighters responded Wednesday, 12:03 a.m., to a report of a chimney fire at a residence on Frey Acres Drive west of Pierron. According to Fire Chief Steve Plocher, the cause of the fire was a failed flu which allowed heat and fire to ignite the wooden lining of the chimney. Damage was confined to the chimney and surrounding area but is estimated at approximately $10,000.00. Plocher said the design and construction of the chimney made it difficult to get to the fire. There were no injuries and firefighters were on the scene about three hours.

Previous articleWinter Safety Tips To Keep In Mind When Staying Indoors
Next articleLester Harnetiaux Remembered For Community Involvement