Small Fire At Michael’s Restaurant In Highland

rex3

Highland Firefighters responded Monday, at 12:50 p.m., to a report of a fire at Michael’s Restaurant on Broadway in Highland.

According to Fire Chief Rick Bloemker, the fire was in a solid cedar support post of the front porch of the restaurant. He said the probable cause was a cigarette butt too close to the base of the post and the very dry cedar post caught fire easily. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and there was no smoke or fire damage to the inside of the restaurant.

Fire department personnel were on the scene about 30 minutes.

Previous articlePlan Commission Makes Recommendations RE: Masonic Lodge 245
Next articleTrial Set For Alleged Armed Robbery/Shooting In Aviston