James Lee, M.D., a triple board-certified specialist in interventional cardiology, cardiovascular disease, and internal medicine has joined the medical staff at HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital in Highland. In addition, Dr. Lee holds specialty clinic hours in the St. Joseph’s Hospital Medical Office Building. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 233-6044.
“The addition of Dr. Lee to our ever-growing medical staff strengthens St. Joseph’s Hospital’s position as the hometown healthcare provider of choice,” says Peggy Sebastian, President and CEO, St. Joseph’s Hospital. “Dr. Lee’s extensive expertise provides greater access allowing local residents to stay in Highland for their cardiology care.”
The addition of Dr. Lee brings to two the total number of board-certified cardiologists as part of the hospital’s cardiac care medical team. Pavan Gupta, M.D., a board-certified specialist in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease, joined the St. Joseph’s Hospital medical staff and cardiac care medical team in October 2012.
Together, Dr. Lee and Dr. Gupta are affiliated with Prairie Heart Institute of Illinois (PHII) – a community-based cardiovascular network of hospitals that offer cardiovascular clinics staffed by Prairie Cardiovascular cardiologists. The network hospitals of the Prairie Heart Institute of Illinois (PHII) – of which St. Joseph’s Hospital in Highland is a member – offer the highest level of cardiovascular care possible in the community. By working together, St. Joseph’s Hospital and the Prairie Heart Institute of Illinois (PHII) are able to develop and implement unique clinical programs that benefit the residents and physicians within that community such as the Prairie Stat Heart program that insures residents of smaller communities receive the same rapid, high quality care for the most serious of heart attacks that residents of larger cities have access to. The Prairie Heart institute of Illinois (PHII) has partnered with St. Joseph’s Hospital because they have made the commitment to work together and do all they can to insure the highest level of cardiovascular care is available in the community.
Dr. Lee received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Biological Sciences from the University of California-Irvine in 1991, and graduated from the St. Louis University School of Medicine in 1995.
Dr. Lee possesses extensive post-doctoral training that encompasses:
• Interventional Cardiology Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco, CA (2002-2004)
• Cardiology Fellowship: University of California, Irvine (1999-2002)
• Clinical and Research Fellow in Medicine (Cardiology): Massachusetts General Hospital; (1998-1999)
• Research Fellow in Medicine: Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA (1998-1999)
• Internal Medicine Residency: University of California, Irvine (1996-1998)
• Internal Medicine Internship: Loma Linda University Medical Center, CA (1995-1996)
Dr. Lee has also held academic positions during his medical career highlighted by:
• Clinical Instructor in Medicine: Department of Medicine (Cardiology), David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (2005-2014)
• Clinical And Research Fellow in Medicine: Harvard Medical School (1998-1999)
To learn more about Dr. Lee or to schedule an appointment, call 651-2750.