Pocahontas-Old Ripley Firefighters were called Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., to a report of a boat fire on State Avenue west of Pocahontas.
According to Fire Chief Dennis Lindley, the boat was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived. The boat was on the trailer parked in the driveway of the owner’s residence and the home owner was using a garden hose to protect his garage.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire which is believed to have started in the battery compartment during a battery charge. The boat was a total loss and the trailer sustained some damage but is salvageable.
No injuries were reported and firefighters were on the scene about an hour.