Cause Of Olive Street Fire In Highland Ruled An Accident

The cause of the house fire on Olive Street in Highland that sent seven children to the hospital Tuesday morning has been ruled an accident. Highland Police told WGEL the State Fire Marshal’s office has determined the blaze was caused by a fire flashing out of the fireplace in the home, which is owned by Dan and Brittany Tucker.

Seven children were home at the time of the fire. All were taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Highland. Five have been released but two children remain hospitalized in Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital in St. Louis where they are being treated for smoke inhalation.

The Highland Jaycees is accepting donations for the Tucker family. To contribute, contact Sarah at 882-8478.

Previous articleGrand Jury Indictment Results In Arrest In Murray Center Case
Next articleIllinois Unemployment Rate Rises