Smithboro Firefighters Respond To Chimney Fire

Smithboro Firefighters responded Tuesday, at 12:27 p.m., to a report of a chimney fire at a residence on Avery Branch Road, southeast of Smithboro.

According to Fire Chief Dale Deverick, the fire was in the stainless steel flu of a wood furnace in the basement of the home. The stainless steel flu was separate from the home and firefighters quickly extinguished the fire. They checked inside the home but there was no damage to the home or the furnace flu.

They were on the scene about 45 minutes.

Previous articleCounty Board Sets Highway Engineer Salary, Makes Appointments
Next articleBond County Sheriff’s Department Investigating Thefts Of Trailers