Keyesport Firefighters responded Thursday, at 7:39 p.m., to a report of a flu fire at a residence on Railroad Street in Keyesport.
According to Fire Chief Jim Golder, the home owner had the fire extinguished when firefighters arrived. Firefighters checked the area with a thermal imaging camera and found no signs of hot spots or fire. The fire was confined to the chimney and there was no other damage.
Firefighters were on the scene about 40 minutes.
Mulberry Grove Firefighters were on standby at their firehouse if they were needed for mutual aid.