Greenville Firefighters responded Tuesday to three calls.
The first was at 4:12 p.m., to a reported suspicious odor in a home on Fifth Street. According to the fire department report, the smell was coming from a gas water heater. Ameren IP was called to check the water heater flu where it went through the wall. Firefighters were on the scene almost an hour.
The second call came at 4:42 p.m. to a smell of gas in a residence on Beaumont Avenue. According to the fire report, the smell was determined to be from a motorcycle stored in the basement. Firefighters were on the scene about 15 minutes.
Greenville Firefighters were called again Tuesday, at 8:13 p.m., to an oven fire in a residence on Second Street. According to the fire report, grease in the bottom of an oven caught fire. The fire burned itself out leaving light smoke in the room. Firefighters cleared the smoke and were on the scene about 20 minutes. There was no damage to the oven.