Greenville Firefighters responded Sunday, at 7:04 a.m., to a fire alarm at a residence on Ward Street. According to the fire report, there was no fire and the alarm was due to a defective smoke detector. Firefighters were on scene about half an hour.
Greenville Firefighters were called again Sunday, at 6:38 p.m., to a smell of smoke at a residence on Fourth Street. According to the fire report, the area under a cook stove was smoldering causing light smoke in the house. Firefighters removed the stove and ventilated the house. They were on the scene a little more than an hour.