Powhatan Grill Fire

rex3

Pocahontas-Old Ripley Firefighters responded at 6:54 AM Wednesday to a report of a grill fire in the kitchen of the Powhatan restaurant in Pocahontas.

According to Fire Chief Dennis Lindley, the fire was extinguished when they arrived. He said a customer and employees used fire extinguishers to put out the fire. Lindley said the cause of the blaze was a burner on the grill which malfunctioned. Firefighters shut off gas to the grill which Lindley said will probably need replacing. He estimated damage at approximately $600.00.

There was no other damage to the restaurant and no injuries were reported.

Firefighters were on the scene about 20 minutes.

Previous articleLaura Myers Candidate For State Representative
Next articleIncreased Drug Charges In Bond County