LRCF Donation

The Lemuel Rhodes Cancer Foundation is an organization that provides financial assistance to cancer patients and their families. In 2014 a fundraising branch was added to the foundation. Various events are held throughout the year, culminating with a Celebration of Life event in September.

Knowing that research is a critical part of the fight against cancer, the foundation is committed to donating 10% of the monies raised to various research facilities. The other 90% remains in Bond County to help our family, friends and neighbors within the county. This year the 10% donation went to the Siteman Cancer Center in St. Louis. It was given specifically to Dr. Van Tine’s research on Sarcoma treatments. On Jan. 10, 2018 Mike and Jane Wilhite took a check for $4200 to St. Louis and presented it to Mueriel Carp who works in the charitable giving division of Siteman.

For more information on the Lemuel Rhodes Foundation please visit

SOURCEPhoto courtesy of the Lemuel Rhodes Cancer Foundation
Previous articleCounty Board Announces Vacancies
Next articleBond County EMS Presented With Save Award