At 11:30pm Saturday night the Mulberry Grove, Keyesport, Greenville Fire, and Bond County EMS were dispatched to report of a residential fire in the 600 block of Maple Street in Mulberry.
Upon arrival the flames were showing in the duplex residence. Mutual aid for tankers was called for from Smithboro and Shoal Creek Fire, and Pocahontas fire was called to move up to the Greenville Fire house, while the New Douglas Department was put on standby.
According to Chief Mac Wall the residence was a total loss and the cause was determined to be a grease fire on the stove. One person was taken to HSHS Holy Family for burns and smoke inhalation. The department was on scene for approximately 5 hours.