Greenville Firefighters responded Sunday, at 6:22 a.m., to a residential fire on McAdams Street in Greenville. According to the fire report, the cause of the fire was a cell phone on a mattress in a bedroom. Firefighters contained the fire to the bedroom and no injuries were reported. Damage is estimated at approximately $20,000.00. Mulberry Grove Firefighters provided mutual aid and firefighters were on the scene about two hours.
Greenville Firefighters were called Sunday, at 5:40 p.m., to a fire alarm at FAYCO on College Avenue. According to the fire department report, there was no fire and the cause of the alarm was determined to be steam from a shower. Firefighters were on the scene just a few minutes.