Fatal Fire In Edwardsville

A 62 year old Edwardsville man was killed in a house fire Monday.

The fire was reported at 6:12 a.m. Monday at a residence in the 100 block of Second Street in Edwardsville, a one-story frame house. Edwardsville, Glen Carbon, and Wood River Fire Departments responded, along with Edwardsville Police, the State Fire Marshal’s Office, and Madison County Coroner Steven P. Nonn.

Coroner Nonn identified the man killed in the fire as 62 year old Steven E. King. An autopsy revealed the preliminary cause of death as smoke inhalation with pending toxicology. No trauma was noted to the body.

No one else was in the residence at the time of the fire, however three dogs perished.

Previous articleCity Council Discusses Levy
Next articleCandidate Filings, Day Two: