Three fire departments responded Monday morning to a grain bin fire on a farm along Newport Road in rural Smithboro.
Smithboro Fire Protection District firefighters were called at 8:23 a.m. and requested mutual aid assistance from the Mulberry Grove and Greenville departments.
It appeared an electrical issue in the dryer motor started the fire, which burned a large amount of corn. Unburned corn was removed from the bin, then the fire was put out using foam and water.
Firemen were on the scene over two hours.