The Mulberry Grove Fire Protection District was called into action just before 5:40 AM Friday.
A grain bin dryer fire was reported at the Nathan Mollett farm on Woburn Road at Persimmon Avenue.
Mulberry Grove Fire Chief Matt Wall told WGEL the dryer was a total loss and the fire was caused by an equipment malfunction.
Wall said approximately 1,400 bushels of corn was in the dryer and was destroyed.
The Greenville Fire Protection District provided mutual aid.
Crews were on the scene for about four and a half hours and no one was injured.