Dryer Fire At Fourth Street Laundromat

Greenville firefighters were paged to the laundromat on Fourth Street around 4:15 PM Monday. A dryer had reportedly become stuck in the “on” position, causing the clothes inside to overheat and catch fire. The blaze was extinguished, the unit was shut down and cleaned out and smoke was removed from the building. Crews were on the scene for about 35 minutes.

SOURCEPhotos courtesy of the Greenville Fire Protection District
Previous articleHSHS Holy Family Patient & Family Engagement Council
Next articleGU & Unit 2 COVID Updates