Greenville Country Club Wednesday Night Golf League – WEEK 13 – Played on Wednesday, August 10th.
WGEL wins Regular Season Championship. Playoffs start Wednesday, August 17 – 5:30pm
Wed. Night League – Top 7 teams – Championship Flight
1. WGEL 510 points
2. Micks Auto Body 499 points
3. Bradford National Bank – Blue Team 498 point
4. Bond County Law Enforcement 489 points
5. Donnewald Distributing 486 points
6. Bradford National Bank – White Team 479 points
7. PCI – Piasa Commercial Interiors 476 points
Championship Flight Playoffs Bracket:
#1 seed WGEL: BYE
#2 seed Micks Auto Body vs #7 seed PCI
#3 seed Bradford Blue vs #6 seed Bradford White (this will be a good one)
#4 seed BCLE vs #5 seed Donnewald Distributing
Wed. Night League – Bottom 7 teams – Consolation Flight
8. Supplied Energy 472 points
9. Snyder Financial 457 points
10. 4th Street Lanes – 2.0 453 points
11. L&B Flooring 438 points
12. DeMoulins Brothers 435 points
13. 4th Street Lanes 432 points
14. PUB 36 428 points
Consolation Flight Playoffs Bracket:
#8 seed Supplied Energy: BYE
#9 seed Snyder Financial vs #14 seed PUB 36
#10 seed 4th Street Lanes – 2.0 vs #13 seed 4th Street Lanes (this will be a good one as well)
#11 seed L&B Flooring vs #12 seed DeMoulins Brothers
Results – WEEK 13 Matches
Supplied Energy 30 vs WGEL 42
* WGEL finished the regular season strong defeating the young and upcoming Supplied Energy team by a score of 42 to 30. After the win WGEL was awarded the Regular Season Championship and will receive a bye next week in round one of the playoffs. Top golfer in this watch for WGEL was Keith Baldwin, shooting a Net score of 3 under par 33.
DeMoulins Brothers 29 vs Micks Auto Body 43
* Jeff Koontz for Micks Auto Body was the top player in this group and lead his team to a 43 to 29 victory over DeMoulins Brothers. Jeff shot a Net score of 2 under par 34. Micks Auto Body had a strong regular season, finishing second place in the championship flight, just 11 points behind the 1st place team.
Snyder Financial 40 vs Donnewald Distributing 32
* Frank Snyder and his team had an outstanding final week of the regular season defeating Donnewald Distributing by a score of 40 to 32. Snyder Financial will play in the Consolation Flight in this year’s playoffs. Despite losing for the past 7 straight weeks Donnewald Distributing will compete for the League Championship as the 5th seed in the Championship Flight.
L&B Flooring 29 vs Bond County Law Enforcement 43
* Sheriff Jim Leitschuh and his Law Enforcement Officers had an outstanding night defeating L&B Flooring 43 to 29 in the final week of the regular season. The Sheriff was the top player in this group posting an impressive net score of 4 under par 32.
PCI – Piasa Commercial Interiors 30 vs Bradford National Bank Blue Team 42
* In the final week of the regular season Bradford Banks Blue Team picks up an impressive win over PCI, defeating them by a score of 42 to 30. Doug Stroud and Mike Ennen were the were the top golfers for Bradford on Wednesday night.
Bradford National Bank White Team 41 vs 4th Street Lanes 2.0 31
* Look out…here comes the reigning champions. Last year’s League Champions are in the Championship Flight and now have a chance to defend their championship. Bradford Banks White team defeated 4th St. Lanes 41 to 31 which moved them into the Championship Flight in the last week of the regular season. Steve “Romy” Rommerskirchen was the top player for Bradford shooting a gross score of 1 under par 35.
Pub 36 47 vs 4th Street Lanes 25
* Adam Evans team owner of Pub 36 made a rare appearance on Wednesday night and tied a 9 hole league course record. Adam shot a net score of 8 under par 28 as he led his team to a week 13 victory over 4th St. Lanes 47 to 25.
CLOSEST TO THE PIN HONNERS: (Week 13)
Steve “Romy” Rommerskirchen – Bradford Bank White Team – closest to the pin hole #3
Rick Blockyou – PCI – closest to the pin hole #8
BEST GROSS SCORES: (WEEK 13)
Mike Wernle – 4th Street Lanes – shot 2 under par 34
Steve “Romy” Rommerskirchen – Bradford Bank White Team – shot 1 under par 35
BEST NET SCORES (WEEK 13) – after handicap
Adam Evans – Pub 36 – shot a net 28 (8 under par) – Wow!! Great shooting Adam.
Jim Leitschuh – BCLE – shot a net 32 (4 under par)
Keith Baldwin – WGEL – shot a net 33 (3 under par)
Wayne Baldwin – 4th St. Lanes – shot a net 33 (3 under par)
SKINS – 3 skins were awarded in week 13:
John Karnowski – Pub 36 – recorded a NET 2 (Eagle) on par 4 hole number 2.
Mike Ennen – Bradford Bank Blue Team – recorded a NET 3 (Eagle) on par 5 hole number 4.
Adam Evans – Pub 36 – recorded a NET 3 (Eagle) on par 5 hole number 7.
It’s Playoff Time – Week one of the playoffs will be played on Wednesday, August 17th – 5:30pm Start Time at the Greenville Country Club.